Sunday, March 1, 2009

Scary

This is a link to all the artwork in the 2009 Society of Illustrators Student show
Click Me!

Holy crap ringling school is tearing it up with TWICE as many accepted entries than Academy of Art, and 22 more winners than Art Center! I thought that ringling was just a circus, but apparently they are amazing. If you search far and wide you will find hidden in there BYU-Idaho and you can see Josh's and I's work.

Something that is also noteworthy is the art that was chosen for the catalog, was a girl from Kendall School, which is up in Grand Rapids, Michigan, a place that I have mocked on many an occasion, I feel now like I maybe will be put in my place.

There really is some just amazing work in this show, I am just glad to be put in the same room with some of these guys. I will say this though, SAM WEBER is a judge, which is awesome if I can meet that guy, I will get to check off one of the old life goals. It's even cool to think he is going to look at one of my pieces, btw too he is a super nice guy, I have talked to him a couple of time through emails.

1 comment:

LizzyHouse said...

i'm really proud of you Allen.

See you on Tuesday!