Monday, July 9, 2007

I like the movie 300


cause I am a nerd, and I enjoy most of frank miller's work. I didn't however know that this movie was based on an actual battle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae

Very cool stuff, I can only hope that eventually wikipedia stumbles upon the historic documents I like to call "Star Wars." I know that has got to be true also. On that note I will tell you that Mike's older brother Joe used to tell him that "The Lord of the Rings" was ancient text that J.R.R. Tolkien found and translated. So I am hoping the History Channel gets on that soon.

I am pretty sure 300 does for anyone who is Greek, what the movie Roadhouse does for homosexuals and bouncers, and gay bouncers, which brings up another question, do gay bars have bouncers?

The cinematography of this movie is fantastic, much like Sin City, but I think the fact that the storyboard can be taken almost directly from the comic books. Do you think these movies have any large impact on the comic industry or do you think the comic industry's impact on the movie industry is greater?

I am just asking questions so when I get home from skipping devotional I will have something to read, I look at my blog comments more than I look at my email.

Also below is the "PG" version of 300, very awesome to anyone who has seen 300.

3 comments:

Allen TenBusschen said...

Come on, It was a longer post with wikipedia resources, and no comments, my naked dudes fighting each other fan base is really hurting these days

Rollans said...

Best video ever.

Unknown said...

Wow, I can't stop watching that video. I was laughing about it hours later.

"This is Caketown!"